Moogie Nickel-Copper-Gold-REE Project, Western Australia
- 889km2, 100% Ni-Cu-Au.
- Deep-seated structures proximal to Yilgarn Craton margin.
- Outcropping Cu oxide mineralisation; drill-ready EM conductors.
- REE potential indicated by Th responses 3 to 5x background.
Hannans was an early-mover and secured a large landbank of under-explored, highly prospective terrane in the Gascoyne Province proximal with the margin of Yilgarn Craton. Such collision belts at the margin of cratons are known to host deep crustal-scale structures, favourable target sites for mineralisation.
The Project hosts significant strike lengths of such deep-seated structures including the Cardilya, Errabiddy and Deadman Shear Zones, the latter of which hosts the proximal 510k ounce Glenburgh Gold Deposit (owned by Gascoyne Resources Limited).
Moogie is located 270km east of Carnarvon and comprises eight exploration tenements (5 granted and 3 under application) held 100% by Hannans and with a total area of 889km2.
Principal exploration focus has been nickel, copper and REEs, including:
- The Breccia & Mission Bore Cu-Au prospects hosts outcropping copper oxide mineralisation associated with ~4km altered and brecciated zone of gneissic rocks. Albite-silica-k-feldspar alteration, copper-magnetite mineralisation & structural position all support a possible IOCG/PBM deposit model.
- The Minni Ritchi & Ghallangee Ni-Cu-PGE prospects are located in a structurally favourable position in a zone of thickening of Cardilya Shear Zone at intersection with Deadman Fault Zone. Coincident multi-element soil anomalism, prominent magnetic & EM anomalies at Minni Ritchi potentially represent the mafic-ultramafic intrusive at depth, an interpretation supported by mapping of deformed ultramafic rocks at Ghallangee.
- Drill-Ready EM conductors have been interpreted coincident with Au-Ag-As-Bi-Mo & Cr-Ni & Pt-Pd anomalism spatially related to thickening of Cardilya Shaer Zone and an offset in a prominent northeast-trending magnetic unit parallel to the Deadman Fault Zone.
Rare earth elements are growing in prominence in the province with the development at Yangibana (ASX:HAS) and on-going exploration success at Lyons (ASX:LNR) & Mangaroon (ASX:DRE), and in proximity to Moogie at Innouendy (ASX:DM1), Kingfisher & Mick Well (ASX:KFM) and Mt Clere (ASX:KTA).
REEs prospectivity at Moogie is indicated by thorium responses 3 to 5x background associated with some circular patterns in magnetics and coincident U and K responses.